FCMA Excellence Awards
Formerly the Crane Awards after A. Crane Jones, Jr. (1923-2001), a retired Senior Vice President of CSX Transportation widely recognized for his outstanding leadership and commitment to improving his community. His life was a testament to the commitment to excellence and integrity. FCMA continues to honor him with our annual awards presented to outstanding employees of member companies.
Now titled Employee Excellence Awards, FCMA annually recognizes outstanding individuals for contributions to manufacturing excellence. The event is one of our most esteemed and recognized activities of the year. We host a banquet dinner, complete with special awards to recognize our members’ outstanding employees and companies.
2021 Excellence Awards
We were happy to recognize 31 manufacturing employees and 14 businesses at the annual Excellence Awards on Friday, October 22 at the Adam Herbert University Center. The event included the recognition of Kaman Aerospace and Veritas Steel as Manufacturer of the Year for a company with over 100 employees and a company with fewer than 100 employees, respectively.
Additional Regional Manufacturing Awards presented were:
- Workforce Award – SyKlone International
- Education Award – Solar Stik
- Community Engagement – Golder Associates, Inc.
- Economic Impact – BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair
- Environmental Award – Neptune Fire Protection Engineering
- Health and Safety – West Fraser Timber Co.
- Leadership Award – Concealment Express
- Innovation & Technology – Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Logistics Award – JAXPort
- Continuous Improvement – Dupuy Silo Facility, LLC
- President’s Award – Abe Alangaden, Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Founder’s Service Award – Commercial Metals Company
The following 31 regional employees were nominated by their companies and honored on Friday night.
- Atlantic Logistics LLC – Teresa Peterson and Alex Rodriguez
- Auld & White Constructors, LLC- Ulises Beltran
- BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair – Hendrik Basynya, Justin Gleton, Otis Griffin, Roderick Henderson, Corey Noel and Garth Wiggins
- Chemours – Travis Jolley, Glenn Martin and Johnny Sweat
- Coastal Industries – Robert “Chris” Christensen, Jr.
- Insteel Wire Products – Zachary Bradley
- Jo-Kell – Monica Pritchard
- Pine Castle- Delois Johnson
- S&P USA Ventilation Systems – Brandon Black, Tobin Droster, Faith Gary-Washington Choi Mai, Sam Oehring
- Seal Shield- Kaela Anne Coleman
- Sy-Klone International- Nic Allen, Sid Courtney, David Moredock, Jeff Moredock, Jordan Quick, and Rich Uhrie
- Vac-Con- Zach Barger and Kevin Bessler
- West Fraser- Nikki Milton
Photos can be found here.
2020 Employee Excellence Awards
Our 2020 event was held at the Adam W. Herbert University Center on Friday, January 29. Despite COVID-19 restrictions, we were able to honor 32 employees from 10 companies in our region with dinner, live music & wonderful speakers.
2019 Employee Excellence Awards
Our 2019 event was at UNF’s University Center on Friday, September 27. We had a great turnout and were happy to honor over 95 individual employees on the First Coast.